Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I believe in fairies

So once upon a time there was a girl, lets call her kate. Kate was board one day and picked out a book called tithe by holly black from the school library to read “oh fairiess! Lets give it a shot” Half way in little (16 or 17) kate realized that this wasn't for her and the book disgusted her smoking, drinking, sexual references in detail, lots and lots of swearing and F bombs in every other spoken sentence.


So then Wings by Apilynne pike “oh this sounds nice and I like what I read so far and look! Stephanie myer staid it was good” So kate waited and waited till it came form the library. By the end of it she was disappointed “that was boring” she thought the concept was good but the action was boring, the trolls made no sense, the romance was lame, the parents were stupid she rambled on in her head about it.


So pike and black have ruined fairies


or have they?


Yes I am kate and I am hoping that Maggie Strfavter can save fairies for me as she has with werewolves


on a side note I am going to give “White cat” by holly black a chance despite the fact that I Strongly disliked Tithe


Ps. This review helped calm me down: http://bookchicclub.blogspot.com/2010/07/lament-by-maggie-stiefvater.html


Especially the last part

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...